When it comes to versatile, trendy footwear, there are few styles that we prefer more than loafers. We like the way to be dressed up or down and can be worn in almost any season. There are several different types of loafers available these days, ranging from basic to complex, but we would like to concentrate on three key types that merit a spot in your closet, as well as a few that don’t.
Penny loafers are probably my favorite of all the loafers because they are a timeless style that has stood the test of time. Penny loafers are so versatile; they can be dressed up with a suit or dressed down with everything from chinos and a polo shirt to jeans and a buttondown. Brown and Black are the best colors to use in this case. A classic burgundy or oxblood color is an excellent second choice.
Suggested Read: Buying Guide on Best Classic Penny Loafers for Men
Our Top Picks For You
Rockport Men’s Classic Penny Loafer
- Leather upper is easy to clean and maintain and looks and feels even better with time, in these penny loafers for men.
- A removable EVA footbed offers advanced comfort and accommodates your own orthotics as needed.
- Rockport’s lightweight comfort feature absorbs shock and provides long-lasting cushioning in the heel.
- PU outsole helps provide durable shock absorption to help reduce foot fatigue while maintaining a sure stride.
- Cement construction offers added stability throughout these mens casual shoes.
Dockers Mens Colleague Dress Penny Loafer Shoe
- 100% Synthetic.
- Polished man-made uppers.
- Easy slip-on and off-the-foot loafer construction.
- Cushioned latex footbed for exceptional comfort.
- Signature penny strap.
Nunn Bush Men’s Lincoln Classic Penny Loafer Slip-On
- Made with premium unlined smooth leather with authentic penny keeper and beef roll made this a true Classic. A must-have for every wardrobe. Looks great with casual to-dress attire.
- Fully padded sock lining with Comfort Gel provides outstanding comfort right of the box. Can also be worn sockless.
- Available in medium width and wide width for the perfect fit.
- Flexible rubber outsole for additional cushioning.
- Nunn Bush is highly regarded as a premier footwear brand by providing the best value and style in fine men’s footwear since 1912.
Cole Haan Men’s Pinch Penny Slip-On Loafer
- 100% Leather.
- Heel measures approximately 1″.
- Moccasin-toe penny loafer with stacked heels.
- Perforated footbed.
JOUSEN Men’s Loafers Casual Slip On Penny Loafer
- Premium synthetic material in penny loafer stylish design.
- Using standard US size makes this penny loafer easy to slip on and off.
- The skin-friendly lining and cushioned latex insole make this casual loafer comfortable.
- Suitable for casual, driving, working, You can wear it to formal occasions, like church, prom.
- Slip resistance and shock protection of the ankle are provided by these slip-on driving shoes.
Suggested Read: Best Sellers in Men’s Loafers & Slip-Ons
We love this style because it’s super comfortable and fits well in a variety of casual settings. It was originally built for, you guessed it, driving. They come in a few different models, but for the look and comfort, we prefer the ones with a nubbed rubber sole or a full rubber sole. Of course, simple colors like brown and tan are fantastic, but we also suggest grey or navy for a pop of color.
Our Top Picks For You
Vionic Men’s Mercer Mason Driving Moccasins
- These stylish moccasins with soft leather uppers are classic men’s shoes, finished with metallic horse-bit detailing across the vamp.
- Casual and convenient, these slip-on shoes are an update to the traditional driving moc and are effortlessly wearable, day after day.
- A podiatrist-designed footbed built into every pair of Vionic loafers, sandals, slippers, and active shoes promotes stability from the ground up.
- The casual loafers feature soft, supple uppers, smooth leather comfort linings, and a tough rubber outsole for traction.
- Vionic brings together style and science, combining innovative biomechanics with the most coveted trends.
Bruno Marc Men’s Driving Moccasins
- Polyvinyl Chloride sole.
- Classic slip-on design in a penny loafer silhouette.
- Ultra-soft uppers feature moc-toe stitching and a metal bit detail.
- Soft leather lining and lightly EVA cushioned insole for all-day wear.
- Flexible and lightweight PVC outsole provides a great deal of stability and comfort.
- The driving moccasins loafers will effortlessly take you from the workweek to the weekend
Twisted X Men’s Driving Moccasins
- These leather driving loafers for men are made from genuine full-grain leather with breathable air mesh lining and genuine super slab rubber outsole built with special dual-lasted construction for maximum flexibility.
- Dedicated to creating quality handcrafted footwear focused on comfort and innovation, every pair of these men’s driving mocs is created with comfort in mind and with all the components you expect from Twisted X.
- Twisted X driving loafers provide comfort and ease of wear; these moc-toe loafers feature washable, moisture-wicking footbed and our patent-pending one-piece insole with integrated composite sandwich shanks for optimum stability.
- This pair of leather driving moc will help you avoid slipping even on wet surfaces; its durable rubber outsole with heel pads provides superior ground traction; leather upper with rubber outsole pads provide slip resistance.
Suggested Read: Top Deadlifting Shoes for Men
Boat shoes are another shoe that developed out of necessity – the non-slip rubber sole and lightweight construction worked well on vessels – and have since become a classic warm-weather staple. For a more casual alternative to shoes, We prefer them with chinos and shorts. For optimum wearability, stick to blue, brown, and grey in terms of paint.
Our Top Picks For You
JAMONWU Mens Boat Shoes Non-Slip Casual Loafer
- Lightweight, no pressure on feet, easy to carry off this outdoor loafer, essential for your holidays, easy to drive, easy to walk.
- The mens canvas shoes use high-quality canvas fabric to create a sense of lightweight and give outstanding heat dissipation, all-around fitting foot, comfortable and free to wear, easy to care.
- Men’s comfort shoes are specially designed for the American foot style, fit the feet, spacious not squeeze the foot, fashionable and generous, comfortable and free to wear, you don’t have to worry any sense of grinding feet, walking is just like flying.
- The casual slip-on shoes choose the soft rubber outsole, the texture groove on the bottom has a good grip and wear resistance, with high resilience, soft and resistance to twists and turns, anti-collapse, can withstand multiple bending and stretch without damage; provide you with more security, let you go further.
Margaritaville Men’s Anchor Lace Boat Shoe
- Shaft measures approximately low-top from arch.
- Colorful printed anchor on the rubber outsole.
- Soft padded collar and tongue for comfort.
- Breathable leather mesh Upper.
Dockers Men’s Vargas Leather Handsewn Boat ShoeCheck Price on Amazon
- 100% Leather.
- Soft, genuine leather upper.
- Classic 2-eyelet handsewn boat shoe.
- Cushioned EVA footbed with molded EVA heel cup for exceptional comfort.
- Durable rubber outsole for maximum traction on wet surfaces.
- Dockers best selling, classic 2-eyelet handsewn boat shoes crafted from rich leathers.
- These are the ideal casual shoes to wear with shorts, jeans, or khakis.
Suggested Read: Can You Wear Loafers With a Suit?
Other Styles that you can prefer
Knotted or frayed laces hang from the vamp of tassel loafers, a fashionable alternative to penny loafers. These are sometimes useful and are part of the lacing mechanism. The majority of the time, however, they are decorative by nature. In this guide, you’ll learn about the best ones, as well as the style’s history and how to wear them.
Tassel loafers are basically laceless shoes with decorative leather laces hanging from the vamp. They sometimes, but not always, have a 360-degree lacing system. Tassel loafers with kiltie flaps, broguing, and other ornamentation are widely available at various price points and fabrics.
Suggested Read: Best Tassel Loafers for Men
Another classic pair of shoes that reflects the preppy or Ivy style of dress is the horsebit loafer. Some claim you can never wear loafers with socks because they were one of the first types of shoes to cross the gap between dress and casual.
Venetian-style shoes (Venetian-style loafers) are mid-heel slippers with a slightly open upper or top section to the kick of the foot and the ankle bone. Slip-on shoes with a moccasin toe construction and slotted straps stitched over vamps, according to Loafers.
The Venetian looks fantastic with chinos or jeans and a button-up shirt on casual days. And if you’re feeling extra secure, wear your Venetians without socks. Just make sure you’re wearing slim-fitting pants with little to no split.
Suggested Read: Should You Wear Loafers With Socks?
The most versatile pair of shoes a man can own is a pair of loafers. They can be worn with formals, semi-formals, and even casuals if dressed correctly. Loafers will never let you down, whether you’re attending a party or an ethnic gathering.