We often get asked whether it’s alright to wear loafers with shorts. Like wearing loafers with a suit or with jeans, many people are worried that they’ll stand out too much by wearing loafers and shorts, as opposed to sports shoes or another more casual footwear choice.
Loafers come in a wide variety of styles, ranging from casual to almost formal. If you stick with a casual loafer in a color that doesn’t contrast too much with your shorts, there’s no reason you can’t wear a pair of leather loafers with shorts in summer.
As always, the key is in choosing the right type of loafer in the right color. Since shorts are casual clothes, it’s best to stick with a casual loafer. Penny loafers with shorts can look great, especially if the loafers are tan or very light brown. Tassel loafers with shorts, on the other hand, is a lot harder to pull off.
In short, they’re a less casual loafer that’s perfect for summer. Driving shoes are also available in a huge range of colors, which makes it easy to match them with your shorts. If you don’t like driving shoes look, you can also pair shorts with a pair of boat shoes. Both of these options look more casual than a pair of penny loafers, all while having a more dressy look than a pair of sports or streetwear shoes.
To summarize, tan or medium brown penny loafers can look great with a pair of blue or cream shorts. Tassel loafers are a little riskier, but can still work if you’ve got the confidence. Driving shoes and boat shoes are perfect for a casual, versatile summer look.
Need help choosing the right pair of loafers?
Whether you’re dressing for work or for a night out, loafers are versatile shoes that look good with almost any choice of clothing. Read our loafers buyer guides to learn more about the best leather loafers in all price ranges.
1. Crocs Men’s Santa Cruz Loafer
Crocs is an increasingly increasing creator, distributor, and seller of the Crocs brand. Most of the Crocs brand sneakers carry Crocs patented shuttered-cell adhesive, Croslite, which marks a significant advance in footwear.
- It is made of 100% Synthetic Sole.
- It is Made in the USA or Imported.
- The shaft measures approximately 3″ from arch.
- These are the loafers men need and expect from Crocs.
2. Crocs Men’s Santa Cruz 2 Luxe Loafer
- This is a Canvas shoe and Imported.
- It is of Synthetic sole.
- This shoe is constructed with lightweight canvas uppers that are more refined than our Original Santa Cruz Loafer.
- Inside the shoe, we have created a Croslite foam base.
- This slip-on style loafer is designed with an easy on-and-off design.
- The more refined look makes them even more democratic, They are versatile enough for all your day and night activities as well as any office environment.
3. VILOCY Men’s Slip on Deck Shoes Canvas Loafer
- It is of Canvas and Rubber sole.
- Includes Quality fabric upper and cushioned footbed, easy and decent durability.
- This suits perfectly with skirts, trousers, and casual shoes, you should wear them for all occasions.
- Using extremely elastic rubber content, comfortable and shockproof, antibacterial deodorant, to cover your foot, easy to move.
4. Sanuk Men’s Chiba Slip-On
- Sanuk Men’s Chiba Slip-On 65% Cotton, 35% Polyester, Imported and made of rubber sole.
- Shaft measures approximately Low-Top” from arch.
- The heavy canvas was upper with a frayed edge.
- Sponge rubber outsole.
5. HomeIdeas Women’s Faux Fur Lined Suede House Slippers
- Suede and it is made of rubber sole.
- It is a US standard and sizes are starting from 6 to 12, medium width. Because of the heel collar design, the size of this slipper is smaller than the regular women’s size.
6. Ceyue Loafers for Men Driving Shoes Penny Loafers
- Higher price Authentic Layer Cowhide, Strictly handmade, Good Quality, Sturdy.
- This is constructed of a lightweight and breathable animal skin lining that provides convenient and relaxing shoes in the surroundings.
- Even, it’s made of Leather bottom, pro-skidding, resistance to corrosion, give decent cushioning capacity, cover your shoes well.
- Drop-on style helps you to get on and off fast and effortlessly, ideal for walking, biking, office work, travels.
- If your legs are long, recommend that you pick a broad size. Three shades to pick from, black, white, gray, fine arts, simple to pair with various kinds of fabrics.
While shorts are thought of as the cool, casual essential in any wardrobe, the addition of some desert boots can instantly change their appearance. The classic footwear style is a staple for any closet and lends a unique aesthetic to any ensemble. Ideal for casual outfits yet easily dressed up for more formal occasions, these shoes are versatile and fashionable.
One great way to wear loafers with shorts without looking too formal is to switch the standard leather loafers for a pair of driving moccasins. Driving shoes are very similar to loafers in terms of looks but have a less structured construction, softer leather (and often suede), and have a rubber nubbed sole instead of the thicker leather sole that you find on most loafers.